A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ah, The Good Old Days

I don't bop over to James Lileks blog as much as I once did, but the odd bits and pieces of yesteryear that he puts up in his Institute of Official Cheer are well worth perusing from time to time. And Lileks' annotations are often as funny as the scans themselves. I particularly like The Orphanage of Cast-off Mascots. Several of them are rather disturbing, and a few are even for products that came from around these here parts-- like this guy. Cudahy is a city just to the north of me, named for Patrick Cudahy, and where they still make bacon, ham, and various other Cudahy pork products.

For me, I think I will adopt Climalene. It's nice of her to be so concerned with poor old Mr. Soap. And she's got a cute hat.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?