A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Friday, January 12, 2007

Monty Python's Personal Best

Watched the Eric Idle show and the Graham Chapman show in the past week. Idle's selections were okay, but confirmed for me that he is my least favorite of all the Pythons (with the possible exception of Terry Gilliam, who is hard to judge since he pretty much only did the animated bits and writing). Now, that judgement is relative-- I still like Idle, and he does have some brilliant bits, but I think he's the weakest link in a really strong chain.

The Graham Chapman's Personal Best show was fantastic. So many things about him I did not know, and the interviews with the five remaining Pythons was easily the best of the series. Plus, the Flying Circus bits were also great-- particularly the Mrs. Premise and Mrs. Conclusion sections.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the Personal Best series.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?