A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Friday, January 12, 2007

Forgive Us Our Trash Baskets

I, as are we all no doubt, am often forwarded those seemingly innumerable "funny" emails along with those containing whimsical or "deep" thoughts about life, the universe and everything. Most of the funny emails aren't particularly, and I already know the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42, so I generally just delete them. For whatever reason, I read one that I received entitled Kids at Church and, surprisingly, it was actually somewhat funny.

Particularly this one:
"And forgive us our trash baskets
as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

Don't know why, but it tickled me. And it's also kind of "deep" in a whimsical sort of way, because we all have things in our trashbaskets (metaphorically speaking) that we could use forgiveness for, and we really do need to forgive others who are cluttering up our baskets with their trash.

So. I hereby forgive each and all of you for any trash you have put in my baskets, and I ask forgiveness for any of my trash I might have put in yours.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?