A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Ports Thing

In case you still have signficant concerns over the acquisition of P&O by Dubai Ports World. Here's a handy reference sheet courtesy of Dennis the Peasant. I'm glad the issue was re-examined, and I am reassured that DPW was willing to put off the merger for six months until folks here in the U.S. were comfortable with t he transaction.

I am also sick, so I haven't-- and won't-- post much today and maybe tomorrow, but a question did occur to me. Do you think Hillary, Chuck Schumer and the many Daily Kos readers who have decried the need to have foreign owned corporations running terminals at our ports would be any happier if the only U.S. company capable of running those terminals was Halliburton?

Just wondering.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?