A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Monday, March 13, 2006

More UWM News

So, the Panthers get a #11 seed in the Big Dance. Woot! Though, honestly, a 12 seed might have been preferable given the way 12's knock off 5's with incredible regularity. Still, I think UWM has a legit shot at taking out Oklahoma, and maybe even Florida-- since there is no way in my mind that Florida deserved a #3 seed.

In non-sports news, UWM now has a conservative news alternative to the UWM Post. The UWM Times recently began publishing on campus-- though it has no formal affiliation with the school. I've added the Times to my blog roll, so check them out if you have a chance-- conservative voices on our campuses is an increasing trend, so I'm hopeful the Times will do well.

Some comparison and contrast of the two student organized and run newspapers could be interesting-- so maybe I'll do that in coming weeks. I know you're all on the edge of your seats!

Labels: ,

Comments:
So, are you claiming that teams that are seeded #12 play better than they would as a #11 because of the history of #12s beating #5s?
 
I'm saying that statistically, more 12s knock off 5s than 11s knock off 6s. Why? I have no idea. Maybe the NCAA can't seed 5s very well. Maybe they often undervalue the teams at 12. Maybe God just likes to mess with folks.

I dunno. This year I think both Syracuse and Nevada are likely to get bumped in the first round. And it wouldn't shock me if Washington lost. The only 5 seed I really like to win is Pitt-- I think they should've been a 3 or 4 seed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?