A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Friday, March 10, 2006

Congress: Best Damn Demagogues Money Can Buy

Just so you don't think it's just me and Dennis the Peasant that think the whole port thing has been blown WAAAAAYYY out of proportion, here's Gregory Scoblete (no, I don't know who he is, but I like his writing and his point):
You really have to hand it to Congress - they can't fulfill their crucial oversight role, write coherent legislation, or spend your tax dollars wisely. But they sure can demagogue.

To be honest, I'd trust Dubai with my ports before I trust Congress with my wallet.

Yeah, what he said. I really should have known that the situation wasn't what I thought it was when Chuck Schumer came out against it.

And how's this for scary-- Schumer and xenophobic radio rantman Michael Savage agree that killing the port deal is a good idea. Does anybody need any further evidence that killing the port deal is a terrible idea?

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?