A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Darwin Award Nominee

It's early in the year, so her accomplishment may get overshadowed by other, even dumber, people who manage to do really stupid things to get themselves dead, but Beverly Gibbs has set the bar fairly high, I'd say. Her boyfriend-- whom Beverly was attempting to wake up by flicking lighted matches at him-- is not eligible as he did not die. But he should get at least an honorable mention for attempting to "drag out of a door of the house" and, in the process, setting other parts of the house on fire.

Now, should I take pride that she's local to my area, feel shame that someone so stupid is from my local area, or just be glad that somebody this stupid is no longer around in my local area where she might have caused me or mine injury?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?