A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Still More Perspective

Two of my nephews are in Iraq-- one a marine, one in the army. Nick-- a Sergeant in the army, and the older of the two-- sent home some photos and a short video as a Christmas greeting to the family. Thought y'all might find them of interest:

This is Nick inside the tent that serves as his quarters.


This is Nick outside the tent that serves as his quarters.


This is Nick inside the armored Humvee they take on patrols.


This is the outskirts of Tikrit. Oddly, it reminds me a bit of Vegas-- large, expansive notice that you are about to enter... then nothing for quite a while.

Labels:

Comments:
The gear looks a lot different than when I got out twelve years ago. Those pixel-puzzle patterned camoflage utilities still look so different from the old camo patterns, and the picture of the interior of the tent looks like it has actual ventalation.

Feel free to send them a "keep your heads low, spirts up, and Semper Fi" from me, and also to let them know that they have the support of our family. Hope they both stay safe.
 
Tell your cousin "thanks for your service to our country" from me!
 
Nephews-- but I'll pass it along. Actually, I'm putting together a letter of appreciation right now, so if anybody wants to kick in their 2 cents worth, let me know and I'll be glad to include it.
 
My 2-cents for Nick's letter of appreciation for his nephews:

I appreciate that there are still young men and women willing to bear the burdens of defending our nation. I appreciate that they do their duty, even though it takes them far away from loved ones and family. I appreciate that they often don't realize the heroics of their normal day-to-day actions. I appreciate that they are our nation's greatest ambassadors through their interactions with the local population. I appreciate that they believe in their mission, even when others don't.

Thank you does not seem to adequately sum-up the gratitude that I feel for your service, but know that you do have that gratitude and are in my family's prayers. Keep your head down, your spirits up, and may you and yours get back safely. Thanks, Mac.
 
Nice Mojo. I will include your message with my own.

Thanks!
 
Hey. My name is SGT Nicholas Hitt and this is my uncle's Blogspot. I thank you all that support the troops over here. I find it rough some times, but it always makes me more motavated to hear that people back home are backing us. It's the American people that make or break us.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?