A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Friday, November 11, 2005

Irony Alert

So, Congress is looking into why the major U.S. oil companies recorded huge profits in the last quarter while oil and natural gas prices went through the roof. Given that we heard how prices were going up because of the hurricanes and production shortages and this that and the other ting, I say bravo! By all means, lets look into why oil companies turned a $33 billion dollar profit in one quarter while the price of gas shot above $3 a gallon.

But it is pretty damn ironic that the biggest pork barreling congress in history is doing the investigating. I mean, the Senate refused to cut a half billion dollars worth of pork to help rebuild the infrastructure of the hurricane ravaged gulf coast. Pot meet kettle.

Of course, in terms of being well versed in the art of gouging, I suppose the Senate does have a solid, solid background. So, they certainly should know what gouging looks like.

I hope they grill the oil execs long and hard. Then I hope they all retire.

I can dream, can't I?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?