A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Monday, October 31, 2005

Karma

Remember when I bitched about the crap on TV a while back, only to be ridiculed for not having HBO or other cable channels? No? Well, regardless if you remember or not, such a thing did happen, and generally I stand by my contention that the krep foisted upon this fall by the networks is as vapid and uninteresting as any season in recent memory.

With one exception. Of all things, the show My Name is Earl is awesome! Irreverent, politically incorrect, original in a way that nothing since Seinfeld has been, and just flat out hilarious. And, here's the weird thing, oddly thought-provoking and even charming. Jason Lee is just perfect as Earl, the redneck deadbeat who is trying to redeem his life by making up for all the bad things he's ever done in his life, and Ethan Suplee is awesome as his dumb as a post, yet curiously wise brother, Randy.

If you are not watching this smart, and very funny, show, you really should start. It is well worth it. It airs on Tuesdays at 8 central time. And if you still need encouragement, remember that both Lee and Suplee have previously been seen in a variety of Kevin Smith movies. Not a bad pedigree for irreverent and amusing entertainment.
Comments:
I watched last night's episode. While I had more chuckles than hearty laughs, overall I agree with you. This is a good show.

I mean, come on, any guy who'd tell a little girl to stab him in the leg with a throwing knife is a guy worth watching.
 
Last night's episode was the weakest of the four I've seen. I'd agree that there were more chuckles than hearty laughs last night. Hopefully that isn't a trend that will continue.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?