A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library. ~Shelby Foote

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Well, this will save me a little cash

I don't think I'll be renewing my American Library Society dues next time around. It's been a while since I really felt like I was getting much out of the deal, and in the meantime, the association as a whole has been drifing further and further to the left. To top it all off, we get this lovely gem from our President-elect. Yikes. And to think I was starting this blog without even realizing that I probably am not "in the habit of sustained reading of complex texts." I also appear to have joined the ranks of some diabolical subculture dedicated to pilloring and burning at the stake any or all who are not in the club. Such power! Who knew?

I guess I ought to thank Andrew Sullivan and Glenn Reynolds for being the two most prominent inspirations in my finally joining the Blog People. Thanks guys! When do I get my official Blog Person badge?
Comments:
Hey Nick, I realize that I posted an earlier comment without identifying myself. To use the fun (if silly), handle you know my by, I'm LT on the Quill list (and also from the legendary, if only in our own minds, Lazy Dragon Gang).

To the point: do you ever check in with the 'Best of the Web Today' blog by James Taranto?

It's the only blog I read every single entry of.

www.opinionjournal.com

Later!
JIH
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?